by Alejandra "Alex" Ruani — Get free science updates here.
Have you ever worried that fasting and exercise don’t go together? Or perhaps you’ve heard the opposite: that training in a fasted state has its benefits?
We investigate the scientific studies that tried answering these questions in this PDF report.
Grab “Fasting and Training: Good or Bad?” below:
Conveniently download this 29-page science report. Contains links to extra reading materials and scientific references.
Topics covered in this report:
- The health benefits of fasting
- Fasted training: the dilemma
- Does fasted exercise aid fat loss?
- Can fasting give you an athletic edge?
- Teaching muscles to prefer using fat for fuel
- Is fat adaptation a mere theory?
- Can fasting enhance endurance?
- How are carbs stored in muscles?
- What’s the main fuel used in bodybuilding-style workouts?
- Does weight training cause glycogen depletion?
- Fasting and muscle breakdown
- BCAAs and the anabolic window
- Fasting and high-intensity training
- When fat fuel is too slow
- Does ketosis increase or decrease power output?
- Power decline at higher intensities
- Your key takeaways
- References and resources
If you want to get the latest science and our tips, make sure you sign up to our Thursday emails HERE.
And let me know in the comments below what you think about fasting and exercise - I'd love to hear from you!