17 modules • 60 CPD hours • videos • workbooks
- Introduction to Nutritional Therapy
- Genetic Adaptations to Nutrition
- Changing gene expression
- Switching genes on and off
- How food changes your DNA
- Free radicals and DNA damage
- How to test your antioxidant capacity
- Antioxidant foods for longevity and disease prevention
- Nature’s Pharmacy: Polyphenols and phytochemicals
- Fibre: the antioxidant trafficker
- Probiotics: Nature’s Antibiotics
- Essential Nutrients and Antioxidants
- How to detect nutritient deficiency risks
- How to create a personalised nutritional programme
- How to structure client consultations
- How to monitor nutritional programmes
- Health benefits and micronutrients in 160 superfoods
- Nutritional advice for over 40 health conditions
- Your role as a Nutritional Therapist
- Setting up or expanding your practice
Test for nutrient deficiency risks on your own
- Nutritional Deficiencies Assessment™ with scores nutrient by nutrient
- Includes results and personalised recommendations
- Plus workbooks to build personalised programmes, monitor and reassess symptoms
Skills Lab™ : Instantly apply your knowledge!
A complete blueprint for you
Templates for immediate use with clients. Assessment tools to personalise programmes. Planning kits to use in your practice. Methods you won't find anywhere else!
When you join, you'll also get:
- Unlimited access to your course lessons, worksheets and planning tools, including all future updates
- PDF files for all key materials – you can open, save or print these at your convenience
- Printable templates to use with clients right away: Questionnaires, programme planners, intake assessments, client workbooks, progress trackers, scripts, session handouts, shopping lists, recipes, health checks, and legal forms
- Interactive, automatically graded online quizzes which you need to complete before moving onto your next module
- A fully automatically graded final exam (Score > 80% and you have passed…. No retake fees!)
- Interactive questionnaires and polls – add your voice and see what your fellow students say
- SKILLS LAB™ – guided tasks, learning tasks, worksheets, idea banks creation, and games. Instantly apply what you learn and stay motivated by comparing how your classmates are doing!
- Video training in key modules, with guided learning tasks and practical workbooks
- Glossary, conversions guide and additional resources with examples, science or reference research
- Instant PDF certificate upon completion in your name, signed and dated by your certification director
- Achievement badge to display on your website, business card and marketing materials
- 24/7 access to the Learner Services portal
- Free BONUS Modules: Health Benefits and Nutritional Values of 160 Superfoods and Nutritional Advice for Over 40 Health Conditions (worth £178, included in your certification)
- And none of it expires!
Have any questions?
Q.What are the entry requirements for this course?
A.There are no entry requirements other than being at least 16 years of age and a willingness to jump in, learn your way around, and have fun!
Q.Do I need any specific background, experience or qualification to Join?
A.No pre-requisite of any science background is required. High school level science can be helpful. No prior experience and/or educational paperwork are required.
Q.Do you send me any materials in the post?
A.The entire course is online. You can download and print all of your materials, including your client worksheets and planning tools. Don’t worry if you don’t have a printer, in addition to your online access, we can courier your course pack once you’ve registered your course for an additional fee. Upon registration, you’ll be given this option so you can instantly order your course pack.
Q.Is there a deadline to complete my course?
A.No, there are no fixed deadlines. Our programme allows you to be 100% in control of your own time. In other words, you are in charge of your own study agenda. This puts you in the driving seat and increases the enjoyment of your learning experience. What’s more, you have lifetime access to your course, which means that it is yours forever to keep, including all future updates and new content!
Q.How long does it take to complete the course?
A.You can do it as quickly or slowly as you wish. Our program allows you to be 100% in control of your own time. In other words, you are in charge of your own study agenda. This puts you in the driving seat and increases the enjoyment of your learning experience.
Q.Do I need any special software to complete my course?
A.No special operating system is required. You need a computer and internet access. Upon registration, we help you navigate the online system and also provide access to our 24/7 Interactive Learner Services portal.
Q.Do I have to submit written assignments?
A.No. Instead, you are presented with learning checks built into each module, guided Skills Lab™ tasks, worksheets, student games and polls, practical self-assignments and online tests. This way you won’t feel stuck over the composition and marking of written tasks. What’s more, your study time is reduced so you can concentrate on what really matters: Applying your newly acquired knowledge to real life situations!
Q.What assessments are in there?
A.At the end of each module, there is a multiple choice quiz based on the readings and lesson materials. The purpose of the quizzes is to enhance your retention of the material. You are permitted to refer to the module lessons and other notes during the quizzes. There is no time limit and you have an unlimited number of attempts to take the quiz. You will see feedback on your correct and incorrect answers after you pass. At the end of the course, there is a final theory exam (online), covering what you have learned in all modules. Upon successful completion of your final exam with a final score of 80% or above, you will receive your certificate.
Q.If I fail the final exam, do you charge any fees to retake it?
A.No, there are no additional fees to retake your final theory exam. In fact, you will be able to retake it instantly (online), without any further administrative steps. You are permitted to refer to the module lessons and other notes during your final exam. There is no time limit and you have an unlimited number of attempts to take it.
Q.Can the course help with my career?
A.Absolutely! The course is packed with Downloadable Client Materials and Session Handouts that will help you establish or expand your nutritional practice.
Your final module covers the key professional, legal, tax, and insurance considerations in order to set up your practice. In there, we also provide you with downloadable legal templates for you to print and use as soon as you start seeing clients.
We also offer an optional, premium Clinic Toolkit™ packed with intelligent forms to help start or enhance your practice.
Q.Do I need to finish the course within 12 months?
A.No, there are no fixed deadlines and you can take as long as you need to complete it. You can finish it in a few weeks or in a couple of years, at your own pace. Plus, you have lifetime access to your course systems and materials, both before and after graduation, including all future updates and new research. This way, you’re supported with content that is current and fresh throughout your entire practice. If you have a gift voucher, we suggest you redeem it as soon as possible – and then start your course lessons whenever you are ready later on.
Q.How many hours per week do you recommend I study for?
A.It depends on how quickly you would like to complete your certification. You can study for as many hours per week as your work and social life allows. The guided learning hours to complete this course: 60 hours.
Q.Is the course accredited or recognised by an awarding body?
A.Yes. It has been accredited by CPD (the official certification service for Continuing Professional Development, which carries both UK and international recognition), and approved by IICT (the International Institute for Complementary Therapists) for professional membership and insurance. You can find out more about our awarding bodies HERE.
Q.Are there any hidden charges?
A.Everything we’ve detailed above these Frequently Asked Questions is included in your price! You’ll have the choice to select optional add-ons (entirely up to you if you want them or not), such as a printed course pack by post or a professional add-on registration module for CPD. Not all of our graduates seek to evidence a professional recognition, so we’ve made it optional and those who don’t need it won’t have to pay extra. We also offer an optional, premium Clinic Toolkit™ packed with intelligent forms to help start or enhance your practice. Contact us if you require further information.
The Health Sciences Academy® helps working and aspiring nutrition professionals like you transform their careers with 10+ Accredited Certifications and 60+ Continuing Education courses in nutrition sciences – from Sports and Exercise Nutrition, to Clinical Weight Loss; Advanced Supplements, to Nutrition for Cancer Prevention and Longevity; Child Brain Development, to Nutritional Epigenetics.
With its own team of accomplished scientists and PhDs training 161,054+ professionals on the latest nutrition strategies, The Health Sciences Academy has become the largest online educator on nutrition sciences in the UK. Their expertise is sharing what's new and what's actually working in the field of nutrition, helping you leverage the latest science to expand your client base and continue growing your practice.
Loved by nutrition professionals since 2012, the academy's smart Clinic Toolkit™ proprietary technology allows nutrition clinics to systemise and personalise programs for their private clients so they can amplify their recurring revenue and scale their businesses, easily and profitably. Are you ready to build your expertise in specialised areas, and join the world’s top nutrition professionals? Get started today!