by Alejandra "Alex" Ruani — Get free science updates here.
It is estimated that up to a quarter of the world’s population suffers from gastrointestinal problems, and the majority of these are women (Shivaji and Ford, 2014).
Are you, or is someone you know, included in this statistic?
Chances are, the answer is yes.
If your symptoms include bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, acid reflux or indigestion, amongst others, learn about ways to heal your gut in this comprehensive Science Report:
Grab “GI Restoration: How to Heal Your Gut (Part 1)” below:
Conveniently download this 55-page report (Part 1). Contains links to extra reading materials and scientific references.
Topics covered in this Part 1:
- What are your digestive symptoms?
- Our complex GI system
- The 4R Programme
- The first step
- Mitigating the risk of wrong advice
- Removing excesses and stressors
- How alcohol affects your GI tract
- Alcohol and your gut lining
- Alcohol and acid reflux
- Alcohol: Mini Self-Assessment
- Alcohol intake recommendations
- Alcohol units and calories
- Small changes go a long way
- Energy intake
- Excess body fat and acid reflux
- What could explain that?
- Oesophageal pH and weight loss
- Energy Intake: Mini Self-Assessment
- Losing excess body fat
- The gut-brain axis
- Stressors and your SNS system
- Inactivation of your PNS system
- Relaxation to improve symptoms
- Stress: Mini Self-Assessment
- Managing psychological stress
- Extra resources
- Common food allergens
- Understanding food allergies
- Food intolerances are different
- Food Allergy: Mini Self-Assessment
- Keeping a food and symptoms diary
- Excluding the suspected foods
- Keeping symptoms at bay
- Low FODMAP diets
- Food intolerance OR gut imbalance?
- Important points to remember
- Your key takeaways
- Learn more
- References and resources
Download the entire GI Restoration series by clicking on the links below:
- GI Restoration: How to heal your gut (Part 1)
- GI Restoration: How to heal your gut (Part 2)
- GI Restoration: How to heal your gut (Part 3)
- GI Restoration: How to heal your gut (Part 4)
- GI Restoration: How to heal your gut (Part 5)
Once you've had the chance to read Part 1, we’d love for you to vote in our poll and share:
Do you suffer from gastrointestinal symptoms? How did you do in the four Mini Self-Assessments? Which of the strategies from the report would you consider implementing?
Leave and comment sharing your thoughts with us and your fellow readers.
VOTE IN OUR NEW POLL: