by Alejandra "Alex" Ruani — Get free science updates here.
We have been investigating the science of fresh vs frozen vegetables and put them head to head in this 28-page PDF report.
Grab “Fresh vs frozen vegetables: Which are healthier?” below:
Conveniently download this 28-page science report. Contains links to extra reading materials and scientific references.
Topics covered in this report:
- Frozen vegetables and modern life
- Convenient, but nutritious – or not?
- Are fresh vegetables always better?
- Transportation of fresh vegetables
- Degradation of fresh vegetables
- How “fresh” are frozen vegetables?
- Blanching process before freezing
- Does freezing preserve or destroy nutrients?
- Preferred freezing temperatures
- Which option is more nutritious?
- Frozen vs. fresh, head to head
- Initial produce quality counts
- What about freezing fruits?
- Treatment of frozen fruits
- Added sugars and freezing point
- Added vitamin C
- Common frozen fruits with added sugars
- Vegetables: Which version wins?
- Conclusion and cooking options
- References and resources
If you want to get the latest science and our tips, make sure you sign up to our Thursday emails HERE.