by Alejandra "Alex" Ruani — Get free science updates here.
How many egg yolks a day can I eat: One? Two? None?
We unscramble the latest on egg science, including an egg study published in 2015, so when someone asks you this age-old question you’ll have the most up-to-date answer!
Grab “How many egg yolks a day can I eat? below:
Conveniently download this 28-page science report. Contains links to extra reading materials and scientific references.
Topics covered in this report:
- Unscrambling egg science
- What’s cholesterol?
- Dietary cholesterol vs. blood cholesterol
- Differences between LDL and HDL cholesterol
- Small LDL particles and good HDL
- How much cholesterol do egg yolks have? (includes chart)
- What’s the dietary cholesterol limit?
- Do yolks raise blood cholesterol?
- Debunking the cholesterol myth
- Paleo and evolutionary biology
- Harvard’s observational studies
- Who should limit egg yolk intake?
- Yale’s egg intervention trials
- How many yolks a day for healthy adults?
- How many for those with high blood cholesterol?
- And for those with heart disease?
- What else did the researchers find on egg consumption?
- A caveat for hyper-responders
- So, how many egg yolks a day?
- Your key takeaways
- References and resources
If you want to get the latest science and our tips, make sure you sign up to our Thursday emails HERE.
And let me know in the comments below what you think about egg yolks and heart health - I'd love to hear from you!