Food Allergies and Intolerances
Diploma Level 3
Endorsed by SkillsActive/REPs
Learn to uncover and alleviate food sensitivities with this practical online course
I enjoyed everything about this course, one of the benefits is you work from home in your own time so it's very flexible. The downloadable print outs were very helpful as well.Tracy Brown (Leeds, West Yorkshire)
Enhancing my knowledge by getting the science behind my own understanding and use.Scott Pirie (Croyde, Braunton, UK)
Learn to detect food sensitivities.
Printable workbooks and symptom assessments:
- Food Intolerance Assessment™ with Scores and Recommendations
- Symptom Monitoring Workbook
- Food and Symptom Journal
- Symptom Reassessment Workbook
- Allergen Labelling Guide
- Free-from Recipes and Printable Chef Cards
- Food Reintroduction Planner
- Food Reintroduction Journal
- 12-week Reintroduction Planner
- Food Rotation Planner
- Isolated and Combined Home Testing Log
13 units • workbooks • planners • logs
- Food allergy… or food intolerance?
- Could you have a food intolerance?
- Monitoring and alleviating your symptoms
- Reassessing your symptoms
- When fat is not fat: Food sensitivities and water retention
- Gluten sensitivity
- Candida overgrowth
- Lactose intolerance
- Other common food intolerances
- Identifying problem foods
- Understanding labels
- How to carry out a simple test at home
- Food rotation diets and reintroduction
Test for food intolerances on your own
- The Food Intolerance Assessment™ consists of 3 separate health checks: Digestive Check, Diet Check, and Symptoms Check
- Includes Food Intolerance Scores and Recommendations
- Plus workbooks to monitor, alleviate and reassess your symptoms
Get your e-Certificate without delay
When you join, you'll also get:
- Worksheets and planning tools, including the Food Intolerance Assessment™ with Scores and Recommendations
- Skills Lab™ materials and practical workbooks to apply your knowledge right away
- Valid for 12 months!
- Unlimited 24/7 access to your course lessons
- PDF files for all key materials – you can open, save or print these at your convenience
- Interactive, automatically graded online quizzes which you need to complete before moving onto your next module
- A fully automatically graded final exam (Score > 80% and you have passed…. No retake fees!)
- Interactive questionnaires and polls – add your voice and see what your classmates say
- Glossary and additional resources for further reading
- Instant PDF certificate upon completion signed and dated by your course director
- Achievement badge to display on your website, business card and marketing materials
- 24/7 access to the Learner Services portal
Have any questions?
Q.What are the entry requirements for this course?
A.There are no entry requirements other than being at least 16 years of age and a willingness to jump in, learn your way around, and have fun!
Q.Do I need any specific background, experience or qualification to Start?
A.No prior experience and/or educational paperwork are required. This is a fast-track course that quickly gets you up to speed with fundamental concepts of health and nutrition.
Q.How many REPs CPD points will I earn?
A.Once you have successfully completed your training and purchased the optional SkillsActive Professional Add-on Module, you will receive 4 REPs CPD points. In order to redeem your REPs CPD points, please record them in your online REPs portal. Please note that this applies to Level 3 Qualified REPs members only who have enrolled by 1 December 2016.
Q.Do you send me any materials in the post?
A.The entire course is online. You can download and print all of your materials. Don’t worry if you don’t have a printer, in addition to your online access, we can courier your course pack once you’ve registered your course for an additional fee. Upon registration, you’ll be given this option so you can instantly order your course pack.
Q.Do I need to finish the course within a certain time?
A.It’s advisable that you complete the course no later than 12 months from the date of registration. This is the best way to for you to stay motivated and keep the momentum going!
Q.How long does it take to complete the course?
A.You can do it as quickly or slowly as you wish. Our programme allows you to be 100% in control of your own time. In other words, you are in charge of your own study agenda. This puts you in the driving seat and increases the enjoyment of your learning experience.
Q.Do I need any special software to complete my course?
A.No special operating system is required. You need a computer and internet access. Upon registration, we help you navigate the online system and also provide access to our 24/7 Interactive Learner Services portal.
Q.Do I have to submit written assignments?
A.No. Instead, you are presented with learning checks built into each module, student games and polls, practical exercises, and online tests. This way you don’t feel stuck over the composition of written assignments and your study time is reduced.
Q.What assessments are in there?
A.At the end of each module, there is a multiple choice quiz based on the readings and lesson materials. The purpose of the quizzes is to enhance your retention of the material. You are permitted to refer to the module lessons and other notes during the quizzes. There is no time limit and you have an unlimited number of attempts to take the quiz. You will see feedback on your correct and incorrect answers after you pass. At the end of the course, there is a final theory exam (online), covering what you have learned in all modules. Upon successful completion of your final exam with a final score of 80% or above, you will receive your certificate.
Q.If I fail the final exam, do you charge any fees to retake it?
A.No, there are no additional fees to retake your final theory exam. In fact, you will be able to retake it instantly (online), without any further administrative step. You are permitted to refer to the module lessons and other notes during your final exam. There is no time limit and you have an unlimited number of attempts to take it.
Q.Can the course help with my career?
A.This is a fast-track course that will quickly get you up to speed with the essential know-how in this subject area. As opposed to an advisory qualification, your study time is reduced and so are the fees. This course is an investment in yourself and possibly the first step before jumping onto an advisory certification that will allow you to see clients and earn a substantial income in a field that you love.
Q.Is this training recognised?
A.Yes. You can find out more about our awarding bodies HERE.
The Health Sciences Academy ® is the largest online educator on nutrition science in the UK, focusing on science-based certification courses recognised by government-regulated awarding bodies, from Sports and Exercise Nutrition, to Clinical Weight Loss, to Advanced Supplements.
Our online lessons and practical materials are 100% engineered by our very own team of scientists and researchers. This way, we provide students with reliable science-based knowledge and hands-on tools, helping them to develop their own expertise. As opposed to passive learning, we encourage an active and creative discovery, whilst offering a gradual and interactive learning experience.
Through an easy to use state-of-the-art multimedia platform, students can take interactive quizzes, participate in live polls, complete online assessments, download printable worksheets for use with their clients, and put their knowledge in practice through Skills Lab™. There is nothing else like it.